Nowadays, online websites act as a digital identity for businesses. A high-quality website with all the basic functionalities persuades your audience who are more likely interested in your business and wish to browse it for more information related to your business. Websites act as supplemental identities for businesses and add value to the company portfolio. Visitors can access various services a business is providing, contact the customer care if necessary or indeed make a transaction in the website.
But the irony lies in generating the adequate amount of traffic for your business. It is not as easy as it sounds. Many experts are of the belief that once you optimize the SEO of your website, the visibility of your website will increase and hence it would allow more visitors to come to your platform by following the links on various search engines. However, this is not the case.
SEO, as a standalone tool, cannot increase traffic on your website. There are additional ways that would aid you in begetting the right amount of traffic for your website.
Start online advertisement
This is a conventional hack of increasing the traffic on your website. There are various modes of onlineadvertisement such as Paid Search, social media, display ads that help you in enhancing the visibility of your brand across the web and presenting the site in front of the ideal audience.
- Leading platforms like Google, Facebook, LinkedIn have PPC models that optimize the advertisements depending on the brand objectives such as ‘increase in traffic, ‘increase in sales’, or ‘increase in leads’ etc.
- Apart from your freedom in designing the ads for your audience, you are also provided with the flexibility of honing your digital ad campaigns according to your business needs. You can choose the demographics, age group, interests in order to filter the desired audience for you.
- For Google Search Ads, you can target the most prospective keywords that perfectly match the line of your business. Also, make sure that those keywords are the most searched ones on Google.
Share your content on social media
After producing a compelling content for the readers, your prime job is to promote it on all the major social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Quora etc.
- Promoting content on LinkedIn is extremely effective for B2B businesses since thousands of corporate houses and their employees are proactive in it.
- If you are a product-centric or service-centric company that works in the B2Cspace, Facebook and Instagram are perfectly apt for promotional activities.
- Twitter is applicable for sharing incisive content that includes catchy words and sardonic headlines.
- Once you start publishing social media posts and blogs, followers will start navigating your website. Hence it is always advisable to create insightful content that incorporates information and humour both at the same time. Such content will produce interest among your audience and you will experience more followers on the social media channels.
- In recent times, brands are employing hashtags on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook to promote content related to their websites. Hashtags help you to expand the visibility of your website and also increase the chances of becoming popular amongst the customers who are looking for the same products or services.
Optimize your content for more traffic
Web-content is an invaluable asset in influencing the amount of traffic for your website.
- To engage your readers and to get indexed in search engines, you need unique and striking headlines for your blogs. Start creating hooks from the beginning.
- Try to include a preface for your article. Explain the problem you want to solve through your article. Unique story-telling remains the key here.
- Use biting presentation for every paragraph. Prominent bloggers frequently prescribe to include a maximum of 3lines in a single paragraph. What looks even more convincing is to present an informal piece of content. It allows the readers to communicate with the content you have published.
- Insert characters in your story and explain to your readers how they have solved their problem through your products or services. This will encourage your brand audience to engage more and more with your website.
- For blog posts, you can start to include links from one page of your website to another one. The more and more content you create, more aloft are the chances of interlinking.
- When it comes to content, it is not about words and characters. The recent trends suggest that the content with images, videos, infographics are best digested by the readers. The traditional content form of texts and descriptions are replaced with the long form of content comprising of keyword, explanations and visually appealing graphics.
Improved SEO & keywords
From writing concise meta-descriptions to placing alt-tags for images, on-page SEO is already a familiar concept for every type of website. The content should be in accordance with the Google Algorithm since a website with SEO-friendly content enable the audience to uncover what they are looking for.
- Try to create meta-descriptions for every content you publish on your website.
- Include the right keywords in the headlines after doing a possible keyword audit using Google Keyword Planner. After conducting an intensive research, you will be capable to accumulate the metrics of each and every keyword you are intending to use in your content.
- Some of the enriched topics include ‘Howto’ at the beginning.
- Target long-tail keywords in order to record more traffic on your website since the visitors have the intent of searching on Google with a lengthy keyword such as ‘How to improve website SEO’.
- Famous blogging websites such as Buzzfeed, Scoopwhoopcreate listing content that starts with a number. For example, ’10 things to know about website SEO.’
- On-page SEO also includes link-building, maintaining keyword density as per Google guidelines, including H1 Tags (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.).
- On-page SEO and keyword optimization might consume some time but in the long-run, it is highly effective for boosting the organic traffic for your website.
- By making your website SEO-friendly and conducting a content audit for a salutary experience for the readers, you can surely expect more visitors to your website.
Guest blogging Strategy
- Inviting a brand-influencer or a reputed blogger to publish their content on your website is a fertile tactic for increasing traffic on your website. Conventionally, bloggers, writers or even social influencers possess a considerable number of followers with whom they are going to share the post. It would enlarge your brand spectrum and you will soon start recording traffic on your website from different influencer sources.
- Another way of increasing the web-traffic through guest blogging is by approaching to the brand influencers and proposing them to mention the name of their brand in their content or rather publish a dedicated content for your brand on their website.
- If you have a team of bloggers or if you are a blogger on your own, you can start writing guest posts on the websites of various companies that are working in the domain relevant to the category for your business. Insert your website link within the content so that the readers after clicking that link, reaches the landing page of your website.
Kickstart email-marketing campaigns
Promoting products or services through e-mailers and newsletters represent a conventional content marketing strategy that is being used by both the newbies and experienced brands.
Email-marketing is an extremely dynamic tool in shoving up the organic traffic for your website.
- Emailers act as an agile communication mode that enables the brands to stay connected with their customers.
- Through e-mails, you can provide information on ongoing offers and discount coupons, loyalty benefits, latest or upcoming products, new releases, recently published blogs or articles, customer success stories, testimonials.
- Even before sending out emails, what is needed the most is to compile a list of subscribers for your newsletters. Try to offer them cash-benefits, discounts or other incentives in return for signing up for your newsletters.
- Apart from constructing an email subscriber list, you can significantly build a push notification list. Once you integrate the push notification service on your website, a small popup will appear in front of every visitor and seek their permission in notifying them about your brands through push messages.
- But, most of the brands start pestering their customers by sending them emailers or newsletters that are not strictly relevant to their interests. Sometimes, they also send emails on a periodic basis without a halt that petrifies the customers in certain cases. As a result, customers start unsubscribing from the email list and the brands record a decline in engagements.
Engage with your audience
- Initiating a conversation with your potential customers is the first step towards building a community for your brand and also to increase traffic for your website.
- Most of the brands fail to capitalize on this communication part. They reflect neglect towards managing the queries of their customers and often fail to enforce a sturdy communication flow for their brand.
- Launch forums for visitors where you can answer questions asked by your customers or brand-watchers. On this part of your website, you can solve their doubts before they proceed to undertake an action on your website (mainly a product purchase or email sign-up).
- Participate in interesting conversations about your brand, post comments on famous social media and industrial blogs and talk in relevance to your brand.
- Answer queries raised against your industry on Question/answer platform like Quora. The more you respond to questions relevant to your business, the more your brand will gain exposure.
- If possible, implant strapping system for comments or forum on your website, where you can maintain an informal communication with your visitors.
- Establish your presence in various active groups on LinkedIn and Facebook and start publishing posts related to your industry. The fundamental objective of performing this is to highlight the brand presence.
- Avoid hard-selling in the comments section of other blogs with spammy links. Otherwise, the website might put your comment down or you may even face restrictions from posting again in the future.
- Try to engage with your audience on an optimistic note and give instant replies to the queries of your customers raised on Facebook or LinkedIn page for your brand.
Gain insights from Analytics
- Google Analytics or web analytics acts as a sumptuous data source that delivers acumen on intricate website details such as the most popular page, visitor demographics. The graphical representation enables the website owners to detect the shortcomings in their strategies or what moderations they require in the content for more tractions.
- You will be capable to scan the drawbacks of your website and come up with improvements in specific areas of the content to encourage more digital footfalls.
- Apart from tailoring your content for more traffic, Analytics tool also supplies information on which products have recorded more visits, which products were searched the most and other intricate details.
- This helps you to orchestrate your subsequent marketing campaigns on the best-selling products of your website or promote those blogs on social media which have reported the highest visibility.
Design a responsive and nimble website
Research suggests that websites that have high speed are easily accessible on both desktops and mobiles. Websites of the modern era are more optimized in terms of speed and visibility. Hence, they are easily browsable in every device such as a laptop or mobile. A faster site supports a pleasanter visual experience for the visitors. If the pages are technically customized with the proper arrangement of images, compressed file-sizes, and the functionality of third-party plugins, the speed becomes faster. It aids you to downtick the bounce rate for your website and hence you will start getting more visitors to your website.
Website traffic an important parameter in gauging the growth of your business since
- It gives you an elaborate idea on how your marketing campaigns are performing.
- It helps you to evaluate the amassed customer insights for adapting initiatives for the future that drives the growth of the business in the future.
- It also drives you to improve your SEO and ranking on various search engines such as Google, Yahoo & Bing.
- It improves the navigability for your website and makes your site credible for getting indexed in various search engines.
- It also helps in generating more leads related to your business and plays an instrumental role in increasing customer conversions.
Hence, it is a mandate for every business in the world to shift their focus to increase organic traffic for manifold advantages.